With every passing year, I see increasing numbers of parents seeking help for the children through the use of hypnosis. Being a mom and a grandma, I find it particularly gratifying to be able to help a child as well as their parents through the work I do.
Children respond particularly well to hypnosis because they are relatively free of the conditioning, skepticism and resistance that adults may have. Children are more “suggestible” and they have vivid imaginations. Since imagination is an important attribute required to be hypnotized, it easier to access a child’s subconscious mind to bring about rapid change. If a child is motivated for change we often see amazing results.
If you’re wondering what issues could be improved for your child by utilizing hypnosis and learning positive self hypnosis techniques, here are some issues where it is effective:
- Behavioral Problems – Behavior problems at home or school
- Ego Strengthening – Self-confidence, self-esteem, goal setting
- Fear – Fear of dogs, cats, insects, snakes, etc.), being left alone, darkness, monsters, doctors, dentists, needles, storms, test anxiety, new foods, being sick, sports injuries, failure, and more
- Unwanted Habits – Nail biting, thumb sucking, hair twirling and poor posture, stuttering or stammering, nose picking, and more
- Eating Habits – Food choices, too much sugar, manners, weight loss & weight control
- Performance Issues – School, study skills, learning and memory, completing homework, exams, sports, competitions
- Sleep – Reluctance to go to bed, too tired to get up, nightmares, etc.
- Transitional Adjustments – Divorce, new home, new school, shyness, etc.
The hypnotism services I render to the public are defined as the use of hypnosis to inculcate positive thinking and the capacity for self-hypnosis. I do not represent my services as any form of medical, behavioral or mental health care, and despite research to the contrary, by law I may make no health benefit claims for my services.
North Shore Hypnosis utilizes hypnotism to help clients where I coach or guide to motivate individuals to achieve their goals. Hypnotism for medical or psychological problems requires a written referral from a licensed practitioner of those healing arts.” – Carol Denicker, BCH, CMI